We take what we do very seriously, while we try not to take ourselves too seriously. Hence the philosophy behind Meritage Wine School.
- Are you curious?
- Do you need the basics? (unless you have been through training, we think everyone does)
- Are you interested in being able to have a conversation about wine?
- Do you want to be able to identify what you like, and understand why?
Any of these are great reasons to sign-up for Meritage Wine School. All students receive the same level of basic training and wine education we give to our staff. All of them are required to attend and pass wine school before they can serve in our dining room.
But, this is not a stuffy way to learn about wine, and this is not Sommelier level training. This is a fun and interactive class with maps, fun stories & factoids, and of course, wine.
Wednesday evening; 6:30-8:00pm, beginning Jan 18, 2017. Join us for 8 weeks for a strong overview of wine in our world, as we focus on European and American wine making. Registration now open
The Details :
- You must be 21 years of age to attend.
- Light canapes will be provided to assist with instruction.
- 10% "student discount" at Meritage on class dates
- You can have a friend sit in for you for any classes missed.
- Every time we offer Wine School we offer a completely new selection of wines to taste through, so it can easily become ongoing education.
Registration for Winter 2017 has filled.
- Our next session will be scheduled for Spring/Summer, check back for updates or sign up for our newsletter for announcements.
If you would like additional information, or would like us to assist you in registering for the course, please fill out the form below and we will contact you within 48 hours.
Gifting Wine School: We can personalize a certificate, if giving Wine School as a gift - just let us know in the message below.
Class Schedule: The class schedule is very purposeful and covers the most important wine regions with the most depth.
- Jan 18 - Wine 101: The Basics
- Jan 25 - Bubbly: Champagne & Sparkling Wines of the World
- Feb 1 - French Whites
- Feb 8 - French Reds
- Feb 15 - California, Reds & Whites
- Feb 22 - Pacific Northwest & otherwise
- Mar 1 - Italy & Spain
- Mar 8- Conclusions: Madeira/Port/Dessert Wine
Costs: $250 - Full Course (8 weeks)
All class fees include 3-5 wines and light canapes for tasting purposes.
410 St Peter St
St Paul, MN, 55102